A Glowing Review!
Monday 03 July 2017
If you happened to be having a read of The Mail on Sunday over the weekend you may have noticed a lovely little mention of The Red Lion at Castle Eaton.
The Mail on Sunday's Tom Chesshyre embarked on a three-week walk from the river Thames source at Trewsbury Mead to the sea, and The Red Lion was the first pub he stumbled across on his journey - located on the river banks between the historic towns of Cricklade and Lechlade.
Here's a short extract:
'The beer garden slopes to the river (only a few feet wide here) and makes a perfect pitstop. You might also play a game in the pool room, which is decorated with pictures of military planes gifted by guests (the pub has rooms) attending the Royal International Air Tattoo at nearby RAF Fairford.'
You can read the full article here.
Click on the stories below for more information
- H-app-y Days For Donnington Brewery!
- Silver For Cotswold Gold
- A Glowing Review!
- The Plough Wins Best Cotswold Pub
- Donnington Brewery takes to the rails with the GWSR
- A Merry Dance!
- Pub of the Season!
- Donnington Brewery From The Air
- Fancy A Winner At Cheltenham?
- We tried running a country pub and it nearly killed us!...
- Donnington Brewery on TV - Again!
- Donnington BB Picks Up Award
- 150 Celebratory Ale
- Life Sentence Now On Tap
- First Pint of Black Swan
- Donnington Gold comes 3rd in Label Of The Year
- Donnington Brewery Nominated in Taste Awards
- Donnington Brewery Buys The White Bear, Shipston on Stour
- TripAdvisor Award For The Plough at Ford
- Donnington Gold wins 'Beer of the Festival'
- Donnington Brewery features on ITVs Saturday Farm this Saturday (15th June)
- Some Recent Pictures
- Bottled Gold!
- Donnington Gold is Back!
- Mount Inn Wins Cotswold Tourism Award 2013
- Improvisation At Its Best At Donnington Brewery
- 145-year Birthday Brew at Donnington
- Donnington Brewery named 'Brewery of the Year'
- £7,000 in ten days for Haiti thanks to a Cotswold pub
- Donnington Brewery featured on Top Gear
- Donnington Brewery sponsor Gloucestershire Morris Men